How Do I Renew My Material?
There are several options when you want to renew a library item.
1. You may renew your item in person at the library. You must have your library card.
2. You may not renew items if:
· there are holds on the item
· there are fines exceeding $5.00 on your account
· There are 5 or more overdue items on your account
3. If you wish to renew a library item over the phone, you may call 1-888-542-7259.
4. Additionally, you may visit the on-line catalog. You must sign into your account with your library card and pin number.
Renewal limits vary with each library; most items can be renewed one time. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact your local library.
Jun 11 2016 10:00 am
Saturday, June 11th at 10 am
Please join us for some light refreshments as we open our doors for our
patrons in our newly renovated library, still at 105 8th Street, Silvis, IL!
Check out our new features and some of our new materials as well!
On Monday, May 23rd through Friday, June 10th, the Silvis Public Library will be closed for remodeling. What improvements can you expect at our Grand Reopening on Saturday, June 11th?
· A large enclosed vestibule as our new main entrance on the east side of the building with conveniently located parking.
· Covered handicapped accessibility through our new main entrance.
· An open concept floor plan.
· New Children’s area with a locally created play train table, new puzzles and new learning computers.
· New Young Adult area.
· Two new quiet study rooms.
· Leisure seating and study tables.
· A new drive-up book drop at the back of the building.
· Additional public access computers with increased bandwidth.
· Exterior electronic signs to promote library programs and events.
Additionally, the Silvis Library is rejoining the PrairieCat Consortium , giving our patrons access to over 5 million materials throughout Illinois.
What does this mean now?
We are encouraging our patrons to check out and keep library materials through the renovation, returning materials to Silvis Library on Monday, June 13th. However, you can always return materials earlier to our neighboring libraries– East Moline, Moline, Colona, or River Valley.
Beginning Monday, May 9th, materials checked out that would normally have a three (3) week long loan period will not be due back to the Library until Monday, June 13th. (NEW DVDs will still have a 2 day or 7day loan period.)
If you are placing a hold, we recommend that you change the pickup location to one of our neighboring libraries. Holds will not be available for pickup at the Silvis Library when closed.
Two part-time Library Clerk positions are needing to be filled. Please visit http://www.silvislibrary.org/content/job-openings for position description, application form and information on EOE. (The Silvis Public Library application can be filled out electronically by saving it as a pdf on your computer and re-opening the saved pdf document to complete.)
Application Deadline: May 15, 2016.
Please email application form and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS.
On Monday, May 16th, we will be switching to the PrairieCat system. For those of you who would like,
or already receive text message notifications through Rivershare, you will need to opt in to the new system.
To learn how to opt into the text message notifications click here or visit us at the Front Desk.
Jun 11 2016 1:00 pm
Jun 11 2016 3:00 pm
Join us from 1-3 pm to sign up and check out books for our
Summer Reading Program "On Your Mark, Get Set...READ!"
Enjoy snacks, meeting local mascots and activities to go along with your book choices.
Eye Surgeons Associates
Royal Neighbors Chapter 20167
QC River Bandits
United Township High School
Jun 16 2016
Thursday, June 16th ALL DAY
Jun 14 2016 5:30 pm
YA Movie- Tuesday, June 14th at 5:30 pm
Beat the afternoon heat with a movie and treats.
“How do you rid the world of humans? First, you rid the humans of their humanity.”
Four waves of increasingly deadly alien attacks have left most of Earth decimated. Cassie is on the run, desperately trying to save her younger brother.